Wednesday, December 14, 2011

ahhh just when I thought I will actually blog and I did a 'me' again..left something soon as I started. Well I don't know what it is with me these days but my attention span has become worse than that of a 4 yr old. My day starts with me and my beloved' ( no not V but my hot cup of T) and I switch on the laptop to check out the headlines..a minute into that I think why not just watch the news on what's happening in India...then it moves to well what news could it be Rs falls again, more debate on FDI, kapil sibbal bashing so I think better to just check twitter and see what my favorite celebs are doing...a minute into that makes me think I don't care what SRK has to say on DON 2 anymore and I think best to check facebook and see what friends and cousins are upto...I don't need to explain that 30 seconds later I get bored of the same kind of updates and just switch off everything. Now it's me sitting with my hot cuppa and thinking 'now what' only to decide that No i need to read the headlines and repeat the entire cycle again....aaarrggghhh!!!

I did the unthinkable yesterday and no I did not wear white after labour day...but i deactivated my facebook account. Now I'm not the kind of person who actually does much there as in uploading pics, status updates etc and I'm more of a lurker if you know what I mean. Snooping around and checking out random pics for sake of anything better to do..and then suddenly yesterday I thought 'bas enough!! I'm sure I can utilize this time better. Now I've thought same thing gazillion times before but yesterday the way I probably said it to myself in my head was more impactful. While I'm not missing it terribly (and hey just been 24 hrs) but you're so conditioned to just open the window when it pops up on chrome that unintentionally my fingers end up going there. Lets see how long I can last.

Been such a drab dreary day with the rain and freezing temp that getting my butt out of the house to go to the gym is a feat for which I should be suitably awarded. However it's still not as cold as I expected it to get. With the horror stories and sympathetic smiled I get from people when they get to know it's my first winter here that I really don't know what to expect. I do want to apologize to the sun for saying all the mean things I did when I came here in July...if it makes you feel any better I do miss you a lot.

I can ramble on for a while only because it delays my wrapping myself in my warmest gear to go out and exercise but shall refrain from that...ciao for now.

No comments: