Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blahhhhh

Dear Boredom,

Like all the letters I've previously written (Read 3) this one is extremely important. I wanted to discuss a somewhat delicate matter with you. I'll be blunt...so here goes, wait for it.. 'I want to break up with you and i think some time apart would do us (mainly me) some good'...phew! that wasn't as tough as I thought it would be.I have my reasons so please understand.

I am 27 years old. And hey don't you roll your eyes at me. I'm not yet 30, late twenties more like it ! When we started spending time together especially in the last 6 months all I wanted was a non committal relationship. One that involved some fun flirting and hand holding, nothing heavy duty. But somewhere along the line things got serious. You started playing mind games with me and I gave in. I'm not proud of myself but hey I'm human.

Look Boredom, we've known each other and been friends for a very long time now. Actually we've been more than friends, had our shares of ups and downs. Remember the time I was with you, we played a game where I had to break a record of throwing and catching grapes in my mouth. Yeah, those weren't the good days. And do you remember there was this one instance, when I kept staring at the geese outside for half hour to understand their quacking pattern. Yeah, I agree that wasn't so much fun either.

But there have been other time when we both enjoyed each others company, enjoyed the loneliness and enjoyed rotting in dreamland. That's when we had our best time...watching endless episodes of Frasier, reading about Osama, surfing the net and listening to music. That was fun wasn't it? Hey I even got you to become a fan of Mohammed Rafi and got you hooked onto Facebook.

But lately, you have started to miff me a little bit. A lot actually. We hang out way too much now a days. You just don't seem to leave me. I mean, friendship and all is fine, I respect it. But seriously, give me some space!!!

Infact you Boredom, have started to bore me!! (I know that was a bit harsh but you leave me no choice) I mean, you have reached and encapsulated the limits of tedium and it's like we're joined at the hips. And the way you infringe yourself on me, dont even get me started on that!! And you've started to talk too much. I feel as if when you're at a loss of words, your loss is my gain. Most repair manuals are less verbose than you my dear sir ! And the way you've started to interrupt my brilliant ideas...do you have any idea how rich or famous I could have become by now had you chose not to? You know so little, yet you waste no time at all in taking over my thoughts.

You have now started to remind me of those children toys..you know the ones where you punch it and it springs back. You punch it again and you forget it ever existed. It slowly deflates in an unused corner and contaminates the entire room with its rubbery noises!  So please, I need a new companion. I want to be with much smarter people, those who do give me my space and encourage me to do things the right way. I've already spoken to Focus & Interest. They said they would be happy to give me some company and I'm looking forward to that.

And as for you Boredom, do the lost and found department a favour and get lost!!

Your ex,

Disha

P.S- Didn't mean to be this harsh :-(. If you're ok with the arrangement we can still be friends and meet weekly. Does Sunday afternoon suit you?



6 comments:

Bhargavi said...

lol! I wasn't supposed to chuckle at that, was I ?Sorry ;-)And ah, similar story here..Hope your new friends seek you out soon!

Disha said...

@bhargavi - hey, well they've avoided me like the plague for a while now.hope the new yr's better:)have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Nice post. I like it. Thank you for sharing..


ICSE Admission Mumbai | Mumbai schools

Disha said...

@Education: thanks!! have a great new year

RiĆ  said...

ha ha tht was funny!! :P happy new yr to u gal!

Bhargavi said...

You've been awarded..Hop over to http://bedazzledeternally.blogspot.com/2012/01/thank-you-and-more-random-things-about.html. Hoping you'll do this tag.