Thursday, December 15, 2011

YAYY...IT's THAT TIME OF THE YEAR

I just love this time of the year. There's something magical about everything outside. It's not just about the month but this entire quarter...come September and there are festivals right after each other. While I may not be doing anything big for each but just seeing the hustle bustle outside, lights and the yummy food puts me in a great mood. Here are some of my reasons to love December

  • celebrating the end of a good year 
  • family time
  • all the christmas decorations in the stores, streets everywhere really! 
  • everyone's christmas tree..glimpses from the windows 
  • the parties !! 
  • drinking hot chocolate on the cold nights 
  • driving around looking at the Christmas lights 
  • looking at the snow 
  • watching christmas episodes of my favorite shows 
  • carols on the radio
  • seeing children get their picture taken with Santa 
  • smell of baking ...(just the thought is putting me in a different world) 
  • great sales and shopping !
  • winter wear - the boots, scarves, coats (how I've missed taking all this out in Mumbai) 
  • rosy cheeks and nose 
  • buying and opening presents 
  • x-mas goodies and treats that just tempt you into buying them and crib on the holiday weight later 
  • thinking of the months gone by and what I will do differently next year (I hate the word resolution...it just comes with added pressure and something I can never stick with) 
  • best time to go to work (no one's really interested in working this time anyway) 
Isn't December fabulous...ho ho ho :) What are your favorite things about December?

4 comments:

RiĆ  said...

Yes i rememeber writing a similar post on december a few days ago. :) Yes i love all that u have mentioned abt December.

Disha said...

@ria heyy..Just remembered one annoying thing though about december which is everyone asking incessantly about new yr plans!! and when i dont have any it's plain annoying

Bhargavi said...

oh, I love December too..You said it- there's something magical about this time of the year!I live in a city that doesn't have much of a winter to boast of and have to contend with just dreaming about white Christmases.

Disha said...

@Bhargavi..i soo regret praying for the white christmas. the snow is just too much to take..i'd now take the fake white cotton decorations anyday!!